About Dr.Jonnalagadda S Prasad
Survey and identifying parasitic nematode problems and endemic areas for parasitic nematodes in rice and rice based cropping systems. Recommending suitable nematode management measurers in problem areas.
- Developed a novel seed treatment method for salvaging rice germplasm infected with white tip nematode Aphelenchoides besseyi.
- Lead cereal nematode research program of AICRP (Nematodes) as group leader resulting in identification of resistance sources and management technologies for rice nematodes.
- Identified and evaluated entomopathogenic nematode isolates effective against rice pests.
- Monitored the population dynamics and biology of the important nematode species in rice.
- Identification of sources and nature of resistance to nematodes in rice and developed of screening techniques to nematodes.
- Identified several rice genotypes resistant to root-knot nematode Meloidogyne graminicola.
- One brinjal cultivar resistant to root-knot nematode was registered with NBPGR, New Delhi
- One bacterial culture isolated from entomopathogenic nematode was deposited with IMPTECH, Chandigarh
- Imparting training to the specialist trainees and subject matter specialists form the states in India