About Dr.Rao V S V Vadlamudi
In 1984, Rao Vadlamudi started his career at UDCT, Matunga, Mumbai, and during a career spanning 30 years till date, he worked in academia as well as in the industry in various capacities.
- Academic positions held by Dr. Vadlamudi include Reader in Pharmacology, UDCT, Professor in Pharmacology, Bombay College of Pharmacy (BCP), first ever Director of BCP and currently the Director of St. Peter’s Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Warangal.
- • His industry career began in 1990 in the Hoechst Research Centre as Head, Pharmacology. He was Head, Pharmacology in Piramal Research Centre; VP, Discovery Biology in Suven Life Sciences; VP and Principal Fellow in Nektar Therapeutics India Limited, and Sr. VP-Life Sciences at Vimta Labs Ltd, Hyd.
- He was the Editor of Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, the official scientific publication of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) from 1996-2014.
- Rao Vadlamudi guided 30 M. Pharm., and 2 Ph. D. students. He authored and coauthored 25 research publications, 22 poster and oral presentations and delivered around 100 invited lectures on various topics related to Drug Discovery & Development and Scientific Writing.
- He received the Fellowship of the Indian Pharmaceutical Association in 2000; received Dr. B. N. Ghosh Memorial Oration Award of the Indian Pharmacological Society in 2005, the Prof. M. L. Khorana Memorial Lecture Award of the IPA in 2009, the Eminent Pharmacist award of IPA in 2013, the IPA President Special Oration award in 2014 and the Fellowship of the Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy in Dec 2014.